That’s right. I said it. I’ve packed more than I need, and I realize that!
I see lots of posts about ‘what you REALLY’ need to take in the hospital bag. Whatever…I’m tossing that out the window and I’m packing whatever the heck I want! I mean, It’s still going to fit in one bag. But I know that she isn’t going to need 3 or four outfits during our stay there. We also live pretty close to the hospital, and could easily go home for things we forget.
I’m sure part of why I’m over packing is due to my excitement over dressing up a baby girl. I have no regrets. SO if you’re curious, here is what I’m taking to the hospital for my second baby:
Leopold was 8lbs at 38 weeks…so I have NO CLUE what to expect from Finley (since I’m already 39.3). Because of that right there, I want to have a couple of options for clothes, size-wise.
- A long sleeve onesie (the elephant one) with long pink pants with feet.
- A short sleeve onesie (carters) with some cute handmade pants from Rustic Pineapple.
- A hand me down knotted gown from Cozy’s, lent to me from an Instagram bestie of mine!
- A t-shirt that my mom bought for my niece from the hospital gift shop (same hospital) on the day she was born. It’s over 17 years old!
- A little hat we got at a baby shower
- Two pair of socks and a pair of mittens
- Swaddle blanket and matching headband bow from Milkmaid Goods
- Carseat cover/nursing cover from Covered Goods
- Muslin swaddle from Saranoni Blankets
- Swaddle from The Ollie World
- A ‘guest book’ for visitors to sign in the hospital and to add her footprints to! Leopold had ‘On the Night You Were Born’. My stepmother and my dad gifted this to us and I thought it would be perfect to bring along.
- A welcome board to hang on the door once baby is born
- We also have her ‘announcement’ letter board all ready to go!
- My silicone manual breast pump/milk saver. I don’t plan to bring the actual pump so I figure if I need anything, this should work.
Front pocket accessories:
- BOWS! The headbands match with the outift/swaddle I have packed from Rustic Pineapple and Milkmaid Goods. The small ones are from Little Ella Rae
- Pacifier from Ryan and Rose
- Pacifier lovey from Bunnies by the Bay
I won’t be packing any diapers, wipes, etc. Last time, our hospital provided us with more than enough of those things! I may take some baby nail clippers though…just in case!
Our diaper bag is from JuJuBe bags and I got it as my ‘swag bag’ from Mommycon! The tag was gifted to me from Stuck On You, and the blanket is from Funky Monkey Children! I’m not bringing the blanket to the hospital but it made for a really pretty backdrop!
Get some more ideas as well as a printable checklist from Mommy My Way’s “What to Pack in Your Hospital Bag” post!