What’s in my hospital bag: Newborn edition
I’ve seen a lot of posts geared toward mom’s hospital bag, but what about baby?
True, the hospital provides everything you could need for your new baby. You get diapers, wipes, pacifiers, shirts, hats, blankets, even formula if you decide you are going that route. If you forget to pack for baby, don’t stress!
If you are like me, however, you like to be a little more prepared than you need to be. I’m slightly obsessed with all things baby. Baby clothes, baby blankets, baby gear in general. That’s part of the reason I started this blog! It would give me more of a reason to find the coolest new products for babies and toddlers. Even more exciting is when I’m able to share these products with my followers!
This is what I took along for Leopold when I went to the hospital:
- A towel. In my birthing class there was a whole section on how rough the towels that they use on the babies are. She said to take our own towels and let daddy pat the baby clean. There was some confusion after he came out and they used one of my towels which kind of defeated the purpose…but it was a nice thought.
- A cute swaddle blanket. Sure the hospital blankets are iconic, but I just love Leopold’s muslin swaddles and these mint elephants are so cute! We were able to wrap him up nice and tight in it! It helps that it’s a good bit softer than the hospital blankets.
- An outfit or two for our stay in the hospital. We were in the hospital a little longer than normal due to Leopold’s jaundice so I was glad to have a couple of options. I love the Burt’s Bees line because it’s so simple and soft. We took a long sleeve onesie, a short sleeve, and a pair of pants (can’t go wrong with the cute $4.50 patterned pants at Target)!
- Baby socks and mittens plus a couple cute hats
- Going home outfit. A friend made this for us and I just love it so much! It’s a little gown that cinches at the bottom and has covers for his hands.
- Guest book and sharpie. I love this little book so much, and it’s so meaningful now! Almost everyone who came to visit Leopold signed this book, including my mom who isn’t with us anymore. We got his footprints stamped on the last page too and I almost cry every time I read it! If you do this make sure to protect that page with a paper towel or something similar until you are able to coat it with something like this mod podge spray that I used.
So that’s it! That’s all I took for Leopold and it was more than enough. What did you pack for your newborn?
Leave a Reply