April in Review
April was a good month. Action packed for sure! We went to the beach twice! Once was on the very first day of April ^
I actually did work on my blogging a lot this month. Mondays I only have one kid (mine) so I’m trying to take advantage by working while he plays in the mornings.
We have been doing a lot more sensory work lately.
I have been digging through my craft room looking for inspiration and I found this container FULL of buttons that Leopold really enjoys. I cut a slot in an old bread crumb container and sit with him while he drops the buttons in. We have also done some work with pom poms recently!
We did a little bit of painting which the kids love. For about 5 minutes. This time we did Easter art!! We tried painting with q-tips and I made a carrot out of their footprint. Leopold is doing spectacular at learning his colors!
We went to the Pelicans by our house for the first time this month! I believe it’s a new location because I can’t find the address on google or my GPS! But it exists, I swear! It’s really cool because there are swings all around the perimeter and they have chalk and hula hoops set out. You can get a small snow cone for $2 and that’s more than enough for us! I think next time I’m going to let the kids share one.
We were able to see family in the middle of April for my dad’s wedding. Before that we hung out with my sister and niece and dad to celebrate my mom’s birthday on April 14th. My sister, niece and I went and saw Beauty and the Beast (AMAZING) and then met my dad at Marble Slab for ice cream. My mom would have loved spending her birthday with all of us, doing those things! I don’t think I’ve even been to the movies since she died (before that day).
My other sister Jessica and her family drove all the way from Arizona and it was nice spending some time with them. They came to our house for tacos and Leopold showed me that he can, in fact, eat tortilla chips without choking. I was cooking the meat and turned to see this lovely sight.
My dad’s wedding was this month. Talk about a whirlwind of emotions. That’s almost a whole other blog post! I’m very happy for him and excited to have his wife as part of the family. I won’t say it wasn’t a little weird though! I never thought I’d go to another one of my dad’s weddings (he and my mom got married when I was a year old). But the ceremony was beautiful and so much love was present.
After the wedding we made our second trip to the beach. We had originally planned to meet up with at least one of my sisters, who were there separately, and we saw one briefly. My plans didn’t go exactly like I thought but I had a great time with my little family!
There was an Easter party with our play group, another visit from my sister and niece, and a few playground visits. I even got to see my bestie who stopped to have lunch with us on her way to the beach! She gifted Leopold with his much loved ‘baby puppy’.
April was the month I stopped trusting my kid with squeeze pouches in the car!
April was the month for our family (and everyone else we know) to come down with the stomach bug. Leopold got it first and it only lasted about 24 hours. Then I got it, then James. Ours lasted 5 days each. Not. Fun. I did lose 12 pounds though!
The weekend that Leopold got sick was Easter, but luckily no one was very ill on the actual day. We had a great time looking through Leopold’s basket, dying eggs, and then going to a picnic with James’ family.
After 5 days of being home bound and miserable, we were able to get out of the house. The kids were stir crazy and so was I! We started at the canal park, then went to watch airplanes and hang out with grandpa. We ended our outing by eating at Zestos (a great local fried chicken place) and I was actually able to EAT for the first time in forever.
That week we went to another couple park dates, got to spend some time with our pal Nora on the weekend, and then went for another picnic with James’ family. This time on the lake! We are going to be pros at picnics before long.
Leopold had his second haircut this month.
His first one was last year when he was around 14 months old. I was so nervous but he did so great and the cut turned out AMAZING thanks to Martha at Circa barbershop!
The next day we had to say our goodbyes to our very much loved Grandpa. It was hard and I’m still kind of struggling with losing my daddy to the other side of the country! But he is in great hands and he moved to a great place that I’m looking forward to visiting!
Also this month, mama got new wheels! I keep hearing people say ‘oh, I’m not a mini van mom’. Okay cool! I am! I grew up riding in mini vans. They are so spacious! And I never admitted to being cool, so I don’t have to worry about losing that trait. I love my new car and can’t wait for this weekend when we go on our first road trip!
It’s been getting hotter since April showed up so we are pulling out the water features! Leopold finally got a water table and we also hit up the splash pad at the zoo. They have the new one for smaller tots up and running and it’s absolutely perfect for my little guy!
Leopold has gotten really into Mickey Mouse this month!
I started making shirts again. It’s taken me a while to get back into it after the move, starting a new ‘job’, being sick, and starting this blog up. But watch out world! If you would like to order a t-shirt just shoot me a message over on my Facebook page!
- 1 second every day app- I see a lot of my friends doing this and I think it’s such a sweet way to document my boy and just how fast he is growing! I want to do this every day in May.
- Boost my page views- I am writing my blog for the enjoyment and to try to help other mamas out by seeking out great products or writing my take on certain topics. However I am definitely not opposed to making some money doing it! I would love to turn this hobby into something I can monetize!
- Gain followers on Facebook- My Instagram and Pinterest are growing at a fairly good rate, but my Facebook has come to somewhat of a standstill. I would like to use May to focus on my Facebook page!
- Continue practicing with my DSLR camera- I love taking high quality photos of my baby while he still lets me! I would love to get really good at taking photos. My ultimate goal is to take ‘fresh 48’ pictures and to be a birth photographer!
- Create a more structured day for Leopold and E and focus more on learning- Right now it’s pretty much just survival mode. Breakfast, Dressed, activity, lunch, nap, free play, then E goes home. I would like to start ‘planning’ our weeks out and having daily ‘themes’ like art, letters, shapes, etc. Now that I’m in a little bit of a rhythm with the two of them this doesn’t feel so overwhelming.
- Walk more- I’d like to get out and walk more or visit our neighborhood gym. It’s so hard to stay motivated when the weather gets so hot!
- Learn more about affiliate marketing-I am a part of a handful of affiliate sites and companies but I know it’s only a drop in the bucket of what I can achieve if I put my mind to it!
Are you a blogger? Do you have any great resources or posts of your own for me regarding growing my blog and monetizing it? Drop it in the comments below!